Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I watched Wristcutters last night and was quite disappointed overall. It was one of those classic cases where expectations were too high and while the movie was far from awful, it just couldn't live up to the excessive hype. However, in my attempt to find the good in everything, here were the good things about it.


1. Patrick Fugit looking increasingly less like Patrick Fugit circa Almost Famous and increasingly more like Ryan Adams. The resemblance was a pleasant surprise, albeit a bit distracting.
.

2. Shannyn Sossamon!

yeah, like that crazy gorgeous woman from A Knight's Tale.
I wish I could rock the short spiky hair like Shannyn can.
Also, I'm glad Patrick ended up getting with Shannyn,
cause Desiree was SUCH A FLAKE.

3. GOB!!!!!!!

I love me some Gob Bluth.
In Wristcutters he played another failed musician
who keeps (unsuccessfully) trying to "set free" (aka "sever") his
soul from his body. He calls himself King.

I was contemplating putting Tom Waits on the list of good things, but honestly, he was just O.K. Although he did have a pretty sweet white suit. But I think in the end he goes on the list of things that just didn't quite click. A list which also includes the swirling black hole beneath the Russian guy's passenger seat. I hated that damned hole. Also, why did Shannyn (i forget her movie name, they all had weird names like "Zia") want to go back? She seemed like one of those happy free-spirited grunge-chic chicks but back in her real like she overdosed on heroin. She looked fucking depressed. Did all of a sudden her character suddenly change once reaching the hell for people who've offed themselves? sounds fishy to me.

No comments: