Friday, September 19, 2008

manifest destiny & the imperialism of the heart

two at a time
two for a dime

a rhyme for a kind glance
a penny for a second chance

i'll kiss your knees
if you promise to please
be my beekeeper
my honeymaker
my pollinator
my fornicator

my in-between
my up and down
my guide around town
my Cinderella frown

my teeter totter
my wishing well
my visit to Heaven
my sweet taste of Hell

i'll read you like my favorite book
and keep you in my favorite nook
I am a fish on your goldsilver hook
I am the tourist who doesn't know where to look

tease me 
please me
twist and turn
jive and squirm
let's snuggle like worms
and sleep like logs
and eat like hogs
(i'll drink your soul
with a swirly straw)
and one or two
it's all you you you
& one two three
i am me me me 
& two three four
give me more more more
my heart keeps expanding
to fit every particle
of you 
within it.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

honk honk!

"i'll drink your soul with a swirly straw."